Monday, November 17, 2008

Jay Z and Beyonce Makin Love / Consenting Adults Flyer

Final front and Back.
This is a flyer I'm currently working on for a party me and my boys are throwing in Dec. My boy came up with the name and I automatically remembered this ad for KY jelly of the man and woman laying in bed like they just had sex or was about to have sex.
The only problem was it's an urban party and the original image of a white man and woman wouldn't have appealed to our demographic, so my biggest challenge for this was making it look like it was a black couple and make it look believable. In my search for a woman I could only get Beyonce with the right angle and expression, and trying to find a guy was even harder...but I just so happened to find a pic of Jay walking away with his head slightly turned, how ironic.
I totally crashed and burned with the back of the flyer. I simply did not know what to do with the back...at the time I had just started doing flyers again, and was still figuring how to lay them out in different styles, and how they work in the actual party and promotions setting.
LESSON LEARNED: Flyers have too pop, and they must be easy to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment