Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Consenting Adults



When I was a kid, I was a big fan of comic books. I’ve always wanted to make my very own. I never actually succeeded in making that comic book. Not to mention that I gave up drawing and comic books, once I discovered underage parties and alcohol (that’s a whole other story). Anyway fast forward to present day, and I’ve finally made a life long dream come through…well partially anyway, since it’s not a comic book per se.

This flyer is a replica of an actual Romance comic book from the 50’s. I wanted to express Consenting Adults in a new way. Something that has never been done before in the Caribbean community. I mean what’s funnier than white characters taken from a previous time and place, having them speak a dialect, spoken by black people from a Caribbean country, merging the two together to create something completely new and fresh.

The ultimate goal with something like this, is to raise the bar for design / creativity in the Caribbean Community. Hopefully people will enjoy the flyer, and if it peeks their curiosity to actually come out to the event, then I’ve reached my goal. Hey…maybe they even keep the flyer as a souvenir.

The wording for the flyer was inspired  by a youtube video, of some puppets from Trinidad.

The flyer has been getting alot of love on facebook, nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment