Friday, September 21, 2007

Pollen

Since I've started making these blog entries, I haven't showcased any of my female art pieces. I get alot of my images from magazines and Complex magazine is one of my favourite sources for images, especially if I'm looking for women with a different look. A great deal of my work is celebratory of women, because quite simply, I love women. Any hoo I did this piece in the spring, right around pollen season and my allergies were getting the best of me, I felt like none of my allergy medication was working and i felt like crap for a few weeks. I thought to myself, this is some bullshit, I need a gas mask or something to keep my allergies under wraps. Around the same time the Complex issue on the stands featured this beautiful Asian model holding a spray paint can, when I first saw the image I had a completely different idea for it, but my creative process is exploratory and the gas mask thing just wouldn't let up...I had to get me a gas mask, so it ended up in this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment